is calling our name.
I thought Heavenly Father was crazy enough to send us twins, and the pregnancy was so unexpected.
I think our recent news tops a twin pregnancy.
Lets just make this short and sweet:
Neil just got a job offer with the Juneau, Alaska Police Department
NO JOKE! This job offer came at the least expected, but most appreciated time. Isn't that how Heavenly Father works though? It truly is an answer to a lot of prayers, not just on our part. As with all things, we know that we're doing things for a reason, we're raising twins not because we wanted to, but because the Lord wanted us to. We're moving to Alaska not only for a job, but because Heavenly Father has a plan for us. We're excited for the new adventure, and anxious to get settled.
The one thing about this big step in our lives that has got me on pins and needles is the timing. But, like with this pregnancy, some things don't happen according to our time schedule. Neil will begin the Police Academy February 13th, 2012. Horrendous timing for twins that are due to come anytime AFTER that date. This means that I get to deliver and care for twins and our little Ellie for 15 weeks.....essentially by myself. When Neil finally completes Academy, we will make the HUGE move to Alaska, I'm guessing sometime in the first or second week of June.
So, some big changes are coming our way. Am I scared beyond belief? Yes. But, more than anything, I'm grateful beyond words. It will be hard to be so far away from friends and family...it will be hard to be so secluded (Juneau is only accessible by boat or plane). I'm excited to see how this will change Neil. I'm looking forward to the happiness and sense of accomplishment he will finally be able to feel now that he has something that isn't a dead-end job. I'm most grateful for the opportunity to take this journey with him.
So....there it is! We're extremely grateful for all your thoughts, prayers and well wishes on our behalf. Neil told me a few weeks ago that 2012 was going to be our year; a year of big changes for us. Turns out he was completely right. We're ready to embrace those changes.
I'll post a pregnancy update on Monday, after my ultrasound. But, in the mean time, the babies are doing AWESOME....and surprisingly, I'm not feeling as miserable as I thought I would at this point.
4 comments:
Congratulations! You guys certainly deserve a great year! I'm so excited and happy for all 5 of you! You'll be in my prayers.
Yea oh yea oh yea! We are so excited for you guys! What a great Christmas present. Hooray!
I love how optimistic you are when i read your post. You have alot on your plate but you are happy, excited, and ready for the challenge! I am so excited for your family and cant wait to see how exciting your year will be! Congrats!
Congrats on all fronts! We're excited for you and we want to help any way that we can!
Post a Comment