5.10.09

An update

Well, we ended up going to the ER saturday night, as suggested by the Dr. His major concern wasn't my heart, but a pulmonary embolism. Luckily, after 4 attempts to place a catheter in my veins (thank you for not listening to me nurse; it just could've saved me a lot of time and PAIN. No biggie) they were able to do a CT scan and draw more blood. Everything came back great, no blood clots or anything.

Today we had a follow up appointment. The Dr. said everything on the EKG looked pretty normal. Which, makes me feel good, but at the same time, I wasn't having palpitations at the time they did the test...so of course it'd look normal! Pretty much, the EKG would tell him whether or not I have that extra "circuit" in my heart, resulting in Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome. I don't. He was wrong...now I'm wishing he would have really put money on it!:) SOOOO....we're still sitting at square one. As for the monitor I had to wear for 24 hours...it takes about 6 hrs. to print off all of that work, so when we went in for the follow-up...he didn't have those results. And those results are what he's really counting on to help explain whats going on. We should here the results tonight, hopefully.

As for now, the Dr. has put me on Metroprolol, or Toprol. Haha...I'm kinda worried about taking it though; he said it could cause a drop in blood pressure. A few hours ago, my blood pressure was 90/58....I'm not sure I can afford for a drop in blood pressure. Maybe thats why he's having me cut the pills in half. :)

So, all in all, we're relieved. Kind of. Not only has the Dr. ruled out a few things, but I'm starting to feel better. We're still frustrated that we don't have real answers yet...but we're getting closer.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, we really do appreciate it. We're really grateful that things are looking as bad as we originally thought; even though it seems as though there is a problem...it doesn't look like surgery or pacemaker is going to be needed...and that makes me VERY happy!

3 comments:

The Goodwins said...

Oh my gosh Jess! I hope everything is okay. That sounds so scary! Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Bryan and Karalee said...

Im glad to hear that things are going well so far. I hope the news continues to be good so we can go on our date to Fame...and soon, so take it easy for a while! I hope things start to look up for you guys here pretty quick. I'll keep looking for updates. If you need anything, im only an hour away and I would come in a hearbeat for you! Heartbeat...you like that!!! No pun intended! Ha ha... Get feeling better Jess.....

At Home! said...

Thankful that you got better news today. Hope it all goes away and that you feel great really soon.
Keep us posted...we love you.