Say that five times fast!
I just got a call from the Dr. The good news is, that its not as serious as we thought. Pretty much, my heart beat is irregular at times, and can go from 70-80 bpm to 160+ without any warning and instantly. Which is what is causing the fluttering feeling.
The bad news? It looks like I might have to be medicated...for a very VERY long time. Bummer. I hate taking meds. At this point, there aren't really any side affects of the meds, but I have only been taking them for a day. I have a follow-up appt. in a month to check things. Also, in about 3-4 months the Dr. will slowly ween me off the medication to see how my heart reacts. Which will tell us if new meds are necessary, or if the ones I'm on are working okay.
So, all in all we're happy. Relieved that we finally have some answers, and grateful it wasn't something more serious.
Thank you all so much for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, its so great to have friends and family who will do those small simple things....but what a difference they can make! Thank you again! We love you all!
7 comments:
I'm glad it is better than you thought... but still not fun. I never wanted to have to take medication either... I've taken loads in the past few years. If it works, it works... right!? I'm praying for you!
I tried to say that 5 times fast...but I couln't even say it one time slow!! Im glad that they were able to figure out what it is. And I'm glad that it isn't as serious as it could have been. I hope this medication help and that you'll be back to normal soon.
That is overall good news... seeing how it could've been much worse. Hope the meds works well. Love you!
At least you have an answer now. Hopefully you feel better soon and get the medication regulated...not fun that you have to take it though! This would have been so scary---you are so tough!
Holy Crap! When Matt talked to Neil, I didn't realize it was all that going on with your heart! It's good that it's not more serious though I guess. And hey,what's one more pill a day anyways right?
Yeah, we're glad its not more serious. I'm going to a cardiologist at the end of the month for a second opinion though. I've have to take the pills twice a day, which doesn't bother me too much. The thing that bothers me is that if for some reason I forget to refill a prescription, it could be REALLY bad for me heart. I can't just stop the pills cold turkey...thats what makes me the most uncomfortable about this whole ordeal. Sometimes I think surgery might not be a bad idea.
Whew...I'm glad you are O.K. at this point. We had a scare like this in our family recently, it's hard.
Post a Comment