Ellie had her 4 month check up last week. Also, another round of shots. No fun! She's such a healthy baby, thank heavens! She did fine with the shots (she screamed at the nurses as if she was extremely mad though), but the side effects were a lot worse this time. She was very lathargic and cranky for the next two days, running a slight fever. But, she's cheered up since, and seems to be doing really well! Thankfully, because its a lot harder doing it by yourself!
She weighed 14 lbs. 11 oz. and measured 25.5 inches. Still growing! She's definitely getting too heavy to carry around in her carseat though.
Max and Sally finally adopted their little girl from China. They've been waiting for YEARS for this to come through, and we're so excited for them. She's such a beautiful little girl too!
Well, Neil comes home friday....finally! 5 weeks (or was it 6?) is WAY too long to be gone. Good luck to Jamie, who's husband will be gone until December? Yikes! It's been a very tough 5-6 weeks, but it sure has made me appreciate Neil and how much he does for our family. I love him so much, and look forward to many good things ahead!
8 comments:
I didn't realize that you weren't with Neil. That's a lot taking care of a baby all by yourself for sure! We're glad Ellie's doing so well though.
I hate the shots part. It's good to have it over though. It get's easier when they are about 5. They understand the purpose and while it still hurts, they don't look at you like "why would you do that mom."
I can't believe how fast she is growing! Im sure is will be nice to have Neil home. Bryan just went for a campout with the scouts, and I was ready for himt obe home! I bet you'll be so glad to see him! Ellie sure is cute!
i hate how the shots affect them afterwards! Ellie is so cute! i am being induced on wednesday! HURRAH!! we have been walking and walking and as of friday i was dialated to a 3 nd 50% efaced. so i am hoping that all will go smoothly and fast! brad is still in shock to have a girl!
and yes, we definately need to get together!
Poor Ellie Belly. She needs to come hang out with me. I can't believe she is 14 lbs! Bring her down and I'll take her out for icecream and lots of fun! :)
The RV was for my family. They came for a week and our friends who have a farm here let them borrow it. We are just waiting for them to pick it up.
Thanks, Jess for the congrats! Good to hear updates on little Ellie. It will be great to see you guys again!
Jessica! I had no idea you had a baby! Congrats! You have such beautiful family! I found your blog on Carly's. I don't know if you remember me from the good ol' Hogi Yogi days or not. I have a blog too. it's drewanderika.blogspot.com
I got home from my mission to Thailand a year and a half ago and I've already been married a year. Time goes by soo fast!
Post a Comment