10.9.08

We survived....

Neil and I finally made it back to Idaho last weekend. Whew! Lets just say we're pretty glad to be home. It's amazing to realize that we can enjoy spending time with family and friends, but never really feel home until we're at the place that "we" call home. I don't think this house has ever felt this good to me. For the longest time it's felt just like Vicki's house, but its been about 6 months since she died...and the 6 weeks we spent in Denver; it definitely feels like our little home now. YAY!

Neil started school on Monday. I think he's got a fairly easy schedule this semester, as far as how he has his classes scheduled out. Monday and Wednesdays he has class from 7:45-3:00...then the rest of the week is pretty much a breeze. He doesn't even have any classes on Thursday, so he's pretty happy about that. He's taking 16.5 credits this semester, so its the same workload...he just has a little more time to breath this time around. So far he seems to be enjoying his classes, and he's really excited about being done with his boring general ed classes. He's taking a plumbing class this time around, he seems to think it will be pretty easy. He's already been able to apply what he learned in his electrical wiring class. While we were out in Denver, Mauma and Nonnie had several jobs lined up for him! He seems to be enjoying that aspect, and is leaning towards becoming an electrician. We'll see what happens...he's got a few more semesters to go.



The baby baking is really coming along! I'm about 29 weeks into the pregnancy...so definitely on the countdown! Ellis is growing so strong, kicking all of the time! We've yet to establish her wake/sleep patterns...but we think she is the most awake around 7:30-10:30 PM....we'll see what happens I guess! I had a Dr. appointment on Monday, they did my glucose tolerance test...yuck. It could've been worse I guess...it really was just like drinking 8 oz. of soda that had 10 cups of sugar in it. Everything went well though, no diabetes. But they said there were a few things that were low in my blood...but we've yet to hear what the Dr. has to say. Mostly iron I think...but the nurse wasn't too worried.



Here are some pictures we took while we were in Denver.




Neil was able to get tickets to the Bronco/Packer pre-season game. He went with Andy, and they had a TON of fun! They were sitting 5 rows from the very bottom, at the 40 yard line! He even got to take a picture with some cheerleaders...but he says his pregnant wife is soo much hotter!:)

One of the highlights was Mauma getting a new little puppy...Neil dubbed her Chubs from the second he saw her. So that's what she was for the rest of the time we were there. She was soo much fun..and grew attached to us instantly! We miss our little buddy! She still looks for us around the house sometimes. Cute dog!

This is a funny picture...cause I was sitting there talking to Neil and she came in the room, ran around a little, and the decided she wanted a nap. This is where she ended up. We sure miss her!

3 comments:

Harmon Family said...

Can I just tell you how much I miss you? I love your belly. It's so cute. It probably doesn't feel like it but it is cute. We are planning on coming down to Idaho for Christmas and I really hope that you are there so that I can see you. I really miss you a ton and I hope that I can see you very soon!!!!!! Love ya!

Erin said...

Matt says "atta baby Neil!" in response to the cheerleading picture. I know what you mean about getting back to your home - and you guys were gone for so long! Good luck with school Neil and we're counting down with you guys. Love you guys!

The Greenacres said...

Jess!!
You're so cute! I'm excited for you to have a little girl. I bet she will be a doll. As far as being uncomfortable yah it sucks. Um try sleeping on your left side. Your vena cava which brings blood back to the the heart runs on the right of your spine so if you sleep on your left your blood flow should be less inhibited. The only thing that remotely helped my aches and pains was some good stretches and easy exercise I mean really easy like a short walk. Pillows in between my legs for the pack pain and around my belly pretty much wherever they can support. Oh you could talk to your doctor too. They actually sent me to a physical therapist the second time and it did help. Good luck!