24.9.08

I Gave In...



Well, I've been hearing about the Twlight series for quite a while now. I never EVER heard anything negative about the books, from anyone. But for some reason, I was really hesitant to give into the "latest trend". Well...I finally buckled, gave in...and am SO glad that I did! Like everyone else, I agree...the books are great! They're a fairly easy read...and Stephenie's writing style definitely keeps you wanting more. I don't think I'm as hardcore as some people...but I've already read 3 books...and I'm starting the 4th later this week. I guess there's a movie being made? Well, I won't stand in line (don't hold me to that), but I definitely will check it out! Jamie has said something about a 5th book? Not sure how accurate that is...but I won't complain!



So...if you're one of the few people that have yet to pick up these books...you may want to! It's definitely worth your time and money!

4 comments:

Melissa Brown said...

Ya! I love twilight. there is going to be a 5th book. It is going to actually be the first book, but written in Edward's perspective. You can read a few chapters here:
http://stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf
and this is from stephenie meyer's website.Hope you are doing well. I

Erin said...

I'm one of the ones that hasn't read it. One, I'm not a fantasy lover so the whoe concept of vampires doesn't excite me in the least bit. Plus it bugs that so many members of the church acted like it was added scripture or something & they're main argument was that it was written by a member. ike that automatically makes it good. I know I'm being stubborn but thats me... Maybe one day I'll give in too.

Harmon Family said...

I have starting the series as well recently. I am only on the 2nd book but Bryce has finished all the books. He liked them but thought Bella was a whiny self-absorbed girl, which I disagree with. Obviously he doesn't know how girls think. Anyway, I was the same way about reading the books but am glad that I have started it and can't wait to finish them. I hope I will before the movie comes out.

Cami Tribe said...

There is a 5th book but I heard she lent it out before it got published and it ended up on the internet so she is no longer going to publish it. You have to read it on the internet, but all 12 chapters are posted. Lame if its true. I heard its pretty good if you can get passed Edward's obsessive grossness. haha. I didn't love the rest of the books like I did the 1st. :(