30.8.12

3rd time's a charm....or maybe 4th.

Things have been crazy around here lately.  Wait.  They're always crazy.

I've struggled to get a photo of Jordyn AND Brynlee smiling at the same time....eventually I kind of gave up.

Here's what I finally captured yesterday:

Uh, okay girls....not cooperating!


At least one of you thinks I'm funny!


awww....come on!  Soooo close that time!


Finally!  Team work!


E really is this awesome.
(That dress really is that nasty.  That dress no longer exists it was so nasty.  E wore that dress 24 hrs. a day for a week straight.  She would only take said dress off for baths, and then it went immediately back on. She occasionally still asks for that dress.  I'm not sure how, but I managed to get rid of that dress.:)


Life is going great over here in our new little area.  We survived the move, and are loving all the extra space we have. Its a great town home, and fits all 5 of us really well.  Where it gains in space, it lacks in storage though.  So, even though we've been here almost a week now, we've still got boxes hanging around as we try to shift and juggle things to give them new homes.  Or maybe thats my excuse for dragging my feet in the unpacking department.:)

E is L-O-V-I-N-G our new place.  The second day being here, I think we had close to 7 or 8 kids hanging out in our little backyard area.  E heaven.  Thankfully, those numbers have died down.  There is a few kids who come regularly, and one girl in particular who comes over after school every day.  E loves it and is glad to have made friends so quickly.  
The church isn't too far from here, and is actually a ward that fills the chapel + some!  It seems like a great fit for us, with lots of couples our age.  E is a little disappointed that her sunbeam class is full of boys.  She doesn't like boys right now.  Bummer.  Well, there seems to be enough girls close to her age that we may survive that.:)

The girls are 5.5 months old already!  AAAHHH!!!  Where has the time gone?  Its disappeared along with my half-way decent sleep!  Yes, I'd love more than anything to say that they are both sleeping through the night.  They're aren't consistently yet.  Well, I take that back....cause by book terms, they're sleeping 6 hr. stretches, which is considered "through the night".  
My terms: 
Sleeping through the night: sleep that endures from the time the child is put down, uninterrupted, till a reasonable morning hour of no earlier than 7 AM.
We're working on it.:) I think a big reason for them not sleeping through the night (according to my terms) is because there are 2 of them.  Not necessarily because they wake each other up, although sometimes that is the case, but because Neil and I are always going in there BECAUSE we're worried they'll wake each other up.  We've slowly come to realize that twins can sleep through the others crying.  At least somebody is getting some sleep around here!

Speaking of sleep, or lack thereof, and 7 AM wake up calls....the only reason I'm getting a post done right now is because I've been up since 6 AM.  Neil's new job requires him to be at work @ 6 am.  Which does wonders in forcing us to go to bed at a decent hour.  Its also nice having him home earlier in the day.  Here's to a supervising position that gives him great hours, in my opinion!

Well, that's that!  People keep asking for pictures of our new place....yet  no one is willing to come unpack pictures and decorate for me~ what gives?  *sigh* I need a personal interior designer...application coming soon.  Work is volunteer, and there are no benefits, except chicken nugget-lunches will be provided.


4 comments:

Sally and Max Brown said...

The babes are so cute! Hopefully I can meet them before they are all grown up! Glad to hear that you are all doing well and you are enjoying your new place. Can't wait to see you all!

Our Family said...

Hey! I am so excited about your new location and house. It's unfortunate that we moved just when you did... Your babies are so dang cute and E looks so grown up already!

The Goodwins said...

I'm glad to hear you're getting a hang of things and that you like your new place. A family of 5 is no small task to move, I've been there. My twins did the same thing with sleeping through the other's cries and now that they are 2 I have them in seperate bedrooms and they almost didn't sleep because they were away from each other. I love all the drama with girls...except tantrums. They are beyond awful. Your big girl "E" is so cute! Just in case you're wondering, your twins will hardly ever co-operate with pictures all together until much much later. Especially when all three are all together. It hardly happens for me.

Erin said...

What cuties! If it's any consolation, that dress doesn't look awful in the picture.