23.3.12

They're HERE!

Its true.

I'm no longer pregnant.:)

Jordyn and Brynlee made it here safely.  For as much as could have gone wrong, everything went absolutely perfect and without a hitch!  Their birth didn't go as planned, which was a lot to take in, but we're so glad to have them here with us!

Tuesday, I went in for my regular ultrasound checkup.  It was an EARLY appointment, which I normally don't schedule, but it was the best time available.  The night before I had set the alarm on my phone to go off early enough that  I'd have time to shower and get ready before dropping E off at a friends while I went to the Dr.  I made the mistake of setting the alarm for PM instead of AM....and I barely woke up in time to get both of us out the door.  And no, I did not have time to brush my teeth.

Back at the Dr.'s office....the Tech put the u/s wand on my belly and rotated it around a bit.  It was standard for them to always check Baby A first, so that's where she went.  Within about 15 seconds she said "Dear, you're having babies today".  I couldn't believe what she was actually saying!  Apparently, my water had broken (probably several days prior) and I had no idea.  There was no gushing or flooding of pants.  I guess, with 2 babies crammed in there, it isn't likely there would be.  She asked if I had notice increased wetness etc.  I told her I was pregnant with twins, and that I peed my pants when I burped....so of course I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary! 

Thankfully, Ellie was well taken care of at a friends house, and even though I didn't get that shower (or to even brush my teeth for that matter), everything went perfectly.  Neil's dad was able to make it in time for the c-section, and the surgery went great.  I'll never forget the extreme anxiety I felt as they laid me down on that operating table.  It was extremely hard to not have Neil there with me, and to have all the other emotions of an unplanned c-section AND knowing I was about to become the mother of twins....it was hard to hold it together.  I'll also never forget when the pulled  Jordyn out, and the the thought that there was STILL one more in there!  I think subconsciously I figured they were just messing with my head, even though I saw both girls twice a month for almost 5 months.  It didn't become real until they pulled out Brynlee. 

In the end, both girls came out without any problems, and were perfectly healthy.  No oxygen, no NICU time.  What a blessing.

So there's the birth story for you!

Recovery from this c-section has been NOTHING like the recovery I had with Ellie.  Such quick recovery, that they only had me on a liquid diet for about 18 hours....then they allowed me to be on a regular diet. Just another blessing from Heavenly Father.

A BIG humungous thank you to everyone for their support....it's been a huge challenge.  We'll make it through! 

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hooray! I am so glad everything went so well. You deserve it! Congratulations. I'm so glad they are here.

Ally said...

I am so glad that everything went well. I hope things continue to go well! They are beautiful!

Ashley said...

So awesome! Glad it went well! You're amazing!