17.8.11

Guess what?!!?

We're expecting!

Crazy, I know!  After all my long daunting posts about being pretty sure we wouldn't be able to have anymore kids....I'm posting that I'm pregnant.....surprise!  *No really, surprise.  The Dr. had just barely put me on a medication to induce periods (periods, not ovulation)....and BOTH of us didn't feel like it really was doing its job....yet here we are now....almost 2 months along.

I realize its early to be jumping the gun on all the goodness, but this pregnancy has been a 180 from the first.  The biggest issue being morning sickness.  It makes my stomach churn just thinking about it.  I knew I couldn't hide it (the morning sickness) from family living here in Colorado, and after telling them I figured  I better let all other friends/family in on the news.

Let me just say that I thought I suffered a decent amount of morning sickness with Ellie.  You know, the constant smell/food aversions and the churning tummy for that 6 week time frame.  Occasional vomiting.  Well, that experience did NOT prepare me for this pregnancy.  They don't even rate on the same scale.  Thankfully, my Dr. was understanding and prescribed me a medication called Zofran.  Zofran is officially the new wonder drug.

After an embarrassing amount of positive pregnancy tests, I called the Dr. to see if she'd confirm it for me.  You know, cause I needed another positive test to convince me.  Seriously, I did.  By this point though, I was feeling the morning sickness and didn't really need a whole lot of convincing.  Who knew a parking garage could make you run for the garbage?  Or the construction guys working on repaving a road.  Sick.

During the visit, the Dr. checked my uterus to make sure everything was how it needed to be.  After examining me she casually mentioned that my uterus felt bigger then what the EDD was, so maybe the date was off. (with my history, they weren't surprised)  She had me go get the HCG levels in my blood tested and then set up an ultrasound.  My levels turned up, apparently, REALLY HIGH.
Unaware that the whole staff in the office was already making assumptions, I scheduled my ultrasound.

That night the morning sickness really kicked in.  It kicked my butt.  It took me out of the game.  To this day, which has been about 2 weeks, I rarely step foot in the kitchen.  Yes, my house shows it.  So will my electricity bill....any temperature above 70 degrees makes me vomit, so in order to sleep I have to run the AC most of the night (and day).

Monday, August 15th was the big day.  I was anxious, and a little nervous.  Mostly I just had to pee.  Why in the world they would ask a person, let along a pregnant one, to drink 32 oz. of water and hold it.....for 2 hours.....thats beyond my understanding.  I looked like a circus act waiting in that office.  Hunched over, trying to stand at the same time, unable to sit.....painfully/heavily panting, sweating....almost crying from the pain.  And the catcher?  Gas has never been my friend in either pregnancy.  Combined with a grossly huge bladder full of pee.....the pain was incredible.  Sorry for the description, but I couldn't relieve my stomach pain (ahem) because I was convinced I would pee all over myself.  Actually, I probably would have.  I'm pretty sure I asked the receptionist every 2.5 minutes if she thought the previous appointment was almost done.  By the time it was my turn, my stomach was soo distended from all the gas and the HUGE bladder, I literally looked like I was 4-5 months pregnant.

To make an already long story just a little bit shorter......



Squint really hard, you'll see it.  I promise.  

The culprit for all the nasty morning sickness.

TWINS!

I'm still just as baffled as the day we found out.  Oh wait, I've only had 2 days to adjust to the idea.

The whole time the ultrasound tech was never able to get just ONE (good) shot of the two babies.  I'm pretty sure its just because of the way they are angled.  After about 20 minutes of searching and prodding, I realized that if there were 2 in there....wait!  There better not be 3...or more!  Thankfully, there wasn't.  Hopefully.....there isn't.  :)  2 will keep us busy just fine.

So there ya go!  We'd really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.  Ultimately our biggest concern is that the pregnancy goes well, and the babies are healthy.

The next post will have pictures, I promise!










13 comments:

Emily said...

JESSICA!!! I need to call you! This is so exciting, I just couldn't believe it when Bruce told me. TWINS! AHHHHHHHH! Congratulations!

Kathy said...

So excited for you! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Dulcie said...

Congratulations!!!! Twins will be so much fun. We'll be praying for you and your tiny body :-) Little Ellie will be such a big help. Good luck!!

So, I'm not going to lie... I'm a little jealous :-)

Dan and Jamie said...

I'm so stinkin' excited for you guys!!!

The Karrens said...

Yeah! How exciting and overwhelming. I hope the pregnancy goes well and glad that you have made a new friend with Zofran. We love it too.

Sally and Max Brown said...

CRAZY! I can't believe it! Now we will have twins on both sides of our family :) I think you will be totally fine handling two at once. It is not for everybody, but I think you will be fantastic!

Roger and Victoria said...

Wow, Jessica! That is amazing! I am so excited for you guys. So sorry about the morning sickness, but I just know you are going to LOVE twins!

Bryan and Karalee said...

I am so excited for you, but feel sad for all the sickness you've been having. I hope you just get feeling better each day. But know that I am thinking and praying for you and that all will be well!! COngrats!

Lisa said...

Congrats Congrats! What a blessing. I'll pray for you guys definitely that all will go well. Very exciting news!

Liz Taylor said...

I am so very happy for you guys. You wanted more and the Lord has His sense of humor in all of this! I better watch out and be careful what I wish for :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Niel,Jess and Ellie, just remember what one doesn't think of the other will, we will keep you in our prayers and if ya need anything just let us know

The Goodwins said...

Again, I'm excited for you Jess, but my heart goes out to you---you are so petite and twins are hard enough on a big girl like me. Where are they going to fit?! I totally understand the vomiting and nausea being awful, I never ever ever puked with my other pregnancies until I had twins. And boy did I ever! I puked so bad, I lost my voice for a week. I'm sorry girl, twins are so much fun...when they're 1 years old! I never want to go back to them being little newborns, that really was a blur....an awful blur. Congratulations and good luck!

Erin said...

It was an embarressing amount of pregnancy tests! Though it did bring a smile to my face. =)