Ellie and I have been in a Parent/Tot Tumbling class for 2 months now. The class only meets once a week, so really, she hasn't learned a TON of things yet....but she got to participate in her very first Gymnastic showcase a few days ago!
I enrolled Ellie in this class so it would help with her coordination. I figured I better start her out young, because she was exhibiting characteristics of un-talentedness. I'm know she'll be talented in many other areas, but physical coordination may not be one of them. It seems to be helping, actually. I've notice improvement enough that I think I'll keep her in the class a while longer.
Here are some pictures of her showcase:
Her name was just called...
She was supposed to stand on the podium...
Then they gave her the medal she won
and she was supposed to turn and raise her arms and say "ta da!" Not sure if the picture time was bad, or she really did only raise her arms like that.
She did such a good job! Neil told me he was the proudest Dad there! Even though she was the ONLY little girl running around hugging the inflateable monkey decorations instead of balancing on the balance beam, or jumping on the trampoline. She insisted...:)
We live across the street from the Colorado Christian University, and last Saturday they had a fun Easter celebration with games, toys and a big easter egg hunt. It was Ellie's first real easter egg hunt (thanks Ashlyn, for joining Ellie in her egg hunt last year!)....it turned out to be a lot of fun, and the weather was beautiful. There were probably well over 1,000 eggs designated for the kids aged 0-4. (all the 0 aged kids probably didn't participate much)
Too much easter candy over here.....anyone in need?








4 comments:
Your post was a lot of fun to read. I know 2 girls in Idaho who would love a little easter candy.
You're so funny... I loved reading about the coordination issues. :) I can't believe how big she is! Super cute!
congratulations Ellie, Jess I can't believe how big she's getting looks like even if she hasn't mastered everything she is doing great,just remember each child is different, I am the only one in the family that is artistically challenged lol
Holy cow! She is TOO big! I wish I could have gone to her gymnastics meet!!!!!
Post a Comment