2.2.11

All this Negativity

makes me feel like I'm back in Idaho again!  Brrrr.....it dropped to about -20 last night.  Our windows are nice and frosty.

I shouldn't be blogging,  because I have a Dr. Appt. in about 45 minutes.

But here's the thing....I'm starting to get really worried about what my body is doing to itself.  Today is February 2nd (happy groundhog day) and as of 2 minutes ago my last period was March of 2010.  Yeah, coming on almost 11 months now w/o one.  The frustrating thing is, I've been seeing a Dr. for about 6 months now, trying to get it straightened out.  In January I started on a medication that was supposed to "force start" my periods.  My Dr. told me she'd be "shocked" if it didn't work.  Well....it didn't work.  Now, I'm left here wondering...seriously?  Is it REALLY menopause?  Good grief...

I know there are plenty of people out there who have irregular periods (REALLy irregular), but I've NEVER been one of them.  Always on the dot...until about 18 months ago.  I won't go into details...but I guess I'm just in a slight state of shock as to what could possibly be the diagnosis.  12 months w/o a period is textbook menopause.  12 months.  *sigh*

I guess this type of thing just makes me grateful that I have one amazing little girl.  But she's at the age where I'm constantly wishing she was tiny again....you know  how it goes.  Guess it just might not be in the cards for us....:)

I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Skyler, Alli, Maddux & Little Miss Peyton! said...

Jessica, That is crazy! I mean, i didn't have a period for 2 years, but that was because I had an IUD in. Hopefully your doctor can figure it out!

Erin said...

We hope everything works out for you. But if it isn't in His plan, you couldn't have gotten any better (and cuter) than Ellie

Lisa said...

That is crazy, especially since you have never been irregular until the last 18 months. I hope it all works out and they can figure out what the problem is. That has got to be so frustrating, especially when you don't know what is causing it.

Emily said...

I hope you get it all figured out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Loves!

Ashley said...

Hey, how did the dr appointment go!? You left me hangin! Are you doing okay? I miss you!