It's still painful to think of what Ashley lost....and what I still have. I'm soo far from perfect. Another friend recently lost her sister to Acute Myeloid Leukemia....the sister had gone into labor with her first child, a little girl, when she found out that she had Leukemia. She wasn't even allowed to rest after the delivery because they rushed her right over to the Cancer treatment center. She fought for 4 months....and she'll never see her little girl sprout her first tooth, or crawl....in fact, she probably was never able to even change a diaper. Kind of makes me appreciate a poopy diaper.....kind of.
Our friend Amber also lost her firstborn daughter. 37 weeks pregnant, and the baby got tangled up in the umbilical cord. After a day or so of not feeling the baby move, she went to the hospital....only to find out the horrible news that their perfectly healthy baby would be born with serious brain damage. Sweet little Molly only lived until the next morning.
Maybe its just me, or maybe its just part of getting older....but I feel like there is a lot of this death stuff going on. Or I'm just more aware of it now that I'm a mom. Lately I've been working on a lot of family history, and as nerdy as it sounds, it can be kind of addicting. Frustrating, but addicting. It also helps me to remember that everyone moves on at some point.....death and taxes, right? Its life....and although its hard to understand why an innocent 2 yr. old should leave this world and not the stinky old man down the street....family history has reminded me that we're still connected to those people. Its a service we can provide for them, that they cannot do on their own. Without them, there would be no "us". Without us, they cannot move forward. I'm not about to deny anyone that option.....not for all the sacrifices they made for us on this earth, and for all the support they lend from the other side.
Its the least we can do....so maybe you guys can help a little. I know that putting an actual Family Tree together is complicated, and very stressful. But the Church is in desperate need of Indexers. You can do it from your own computer....you never have to step foot in a Family History Center/Library. If people don't index census records, birth certificates etc.....some of these people may never be discovered. Indexing puts all the necessary info into digital format, and makes it available to anyone with a computer and an internet connection. Visit this site and look for the Index Records tab....download is really easy....and the program is self explanatory. If you need help, I'm always available.
Just Because....
Thanks Bruce, Emily and Claire for being the best in-laws/brother/cousin ever! We miss you guys already! Emily, I hope you've got some crafty projects lined up...you've got some talent!:) Love you guys!
3 comments:
We miss YOU guys! I'll send you a photo of Claire in the darling dress you made her and you can blog about it! Miss Crafty von Craft Craft!
Hey, I just started indexing, too! It is great and a good way to contribute (since it seems impossible to get to the temple nowadays). I am still amazed by Ellie's long hair!
So sad! We are all so blessed with what we have! Way to go on family history. I am too scared to start...maybe someday when I am old :)
Post a Comment