24.9.10

Time goes by too fast

Almost a year ago to date:



And now:



I just can't even believe the differences!  I'm pretty sure in that picture from a year ago, Ellie was just barely learning how to walk.  Now she runs around like she owns the place, tells the dogs "no, easy and shup".  Yes, shup.  If you don't get it, you're dumb.  Sorry, that comes off kind of mean...I don't mean you're REALLY dumb...just say the word really slowly and then it should make sense!  You probably don't need to guess who she learned it from!  :)
Ellie's so busy....learning how to jump, sing, count to 4, say A-B-C, put her shoes on (she spent well over an hour practicing tonight :) and loading the dishwasher.  Most of which aren't up to pre-school standards...but hey, she's not even 2 yet!  I haven't really pushed her too hard in the whole brushing the teeth department...but thankfully thats starting to pay off; she's not deathly scared or pissed off when I try to brush her teeth, and she'll actually open wide for me.  The "cry-it-out" method would NOT have worked for me in that department!  
Ellie loves LOVES to give kisses.  In fact, I think she gave Nonie at LEAST 10 kisses, just when we were saying goodbye the other day.  Its funny, cause she'll always run back for just one more!  She's starting to become much more imaginative and inquisitive...its so fun to see her catch on and learn new things.  I've been reading books to Ellie since she was born, like most normal moms.  But I never really thought she was catching on.  Then a few days ago, she pulled out one of her picture books and just started naming off objects!  I guess, when I really think about it, that sounds like Ellie.  Only letting you know she's listening if SHE wants you to know.  It was a happy moment nonetheless.  
Ellie is FINALLY starting to enjoy Nursery.  Whew!  I teach the sunbeams in our ward, and usually there are about 4-5 of them.  Holy moly....but its nice to not have that extra worry about whether or not Ellie is having a good time.   I love that every sunday she brings home a picture she's colored.  And by colored, I mean very few scribbles of crayon.  She's not much for coloring, especially when other people are around.  She'd much rather just sit and stare at the other kids....or take their fruit snacks while they're not looking.  
Colorado is finally starting to cool down, and it definitely feels like fall is here.  I can't believe September has come and gone!  Neil just had another phone convo/interview with the Juneau PD today.  He said it went really well.  Oh!  P.S....we got a contingent job offer from them!  I know, kinda exciting....but the reality is its not an official job offer.  Its pretty much just a pretend job offer so that they can conduct a very thorough background investigation.  I'm guessing Neil will be making a visit to complete testing sometime next month...but at this point we don't know much more then "they'll contact us to set up travel arrangements at the appropriate time."  We don't want to count our ducks before they hatch...but everything seems to be going very well!  Ellie loves ducks, thats why I said ducks instead of chickens.

Love you guys!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! She's even bigger than when we saw her a few months ago. I love "shup". It's good to know that she knows when to give her kisses too though, since Daniel got pushed away!