Well, we're undergoing a few changes around here...and we've been busy as a result.
To say I'm "tired" of this economy is an understatement. I know all of you out there would agree. Well, the area we are currently residing in is struggling, really badly. I've heard on the news that some states are making come backs....well it seems as though our state, and area in particular, are taking turns in the wrong direction. For the last 3 1/2 years we justified living there (the economy factor) because Neil was a student at the University. Now we can't use that excuse, nor do we want to. So, after debating this for the last 3 or so months, we've decided to move to Denver. The volume of jobs available are overwhelming....its depressing to compare the two locations.
So, here we are. In Denver. Loving it, definitely. Ready to move on from the security of living the life of college students? Maybe. But the next phase in life is calling our names. Our original plans were for Neil to come out and do some work here, while I came out later just to visit. But, since we decided Denver was the place we needed to be, I came out a few weeks early to look for a job. Well, its been pointless thus far, but I'm sure I'll come across one (I've only been here 3-4 days!); the good news is.....Neil was just offered a job! Here's the story:
2 weeks ago, when we officially decided this was the right direction for us, we started job hunting on the Denver Post website. I came across a Security company (not home security systems) that was hiring, AND having a job fair just a few days after Neil was scheduled to arrive in town. Perfect, so we applied. Well, 2 weeks later, and several applications to various positions later....Neil was offered a job for a company called Securitas. Apparently, they're the largest Security company in the world {correction, the U.S.}. Or one of, I'm not sure. I'll google it.
So, less than a week after arriving here, we have more direction for our future. We realize that Neil is supposed to interview for the Juneau PD on July 24th....which is still a month away. We also recognize that this job offer is another door for us to choose from. Because of the vastness of the company, there is so much room to move "up". So, even if Juneau says yes as well....I'm not sure we've made up our minds as to what we'll actually do if that happens. But either way, we're making baby steps to achieving our goals.
Darn this economy.
(P.S. Kathy, I guess this is a forewarning of a two week notice....:) Neil will call next week when he finds out more info:)
So, there ya go. Right now we ARE in Denver, but all of our stuff is still back home. We're still trying to figure out details, but we're thinking we'll move in August sometime.
Ellie is having the "summer of her life" out here playing endlessly in Grammy's backyard. Being cooped up and restricted in an apartment is no good for a toddler! She loves the puppies, and lets them know who's in charge. We've had lots of bumps, bruises, scrapes and owies....but she's surprisingly a tough little girl, and only cries for a few seconds. Grammy even has a little pool for her out here, and usually one of the first things she does in the morning is hang her swimsuit around her neck. She's learned the dogs names very well, and its so cute to hear her say Razzie or Bree. She blows kisses to anything and EVERYTHING. In fact, the other day she was out in Grammy's bushes....kissing the rocks. She's a very tender hearted little girl, but also stubborn and sassy at the same time. Its a great combo. :)
Pictures....
She kissed this monkey....well, the glass anyway:)
Getting ready for church is tough business!
Sightseeing out her window...she yells at the birdies every day.
Just for old times sake. Its so bittersweet to watch your child grow up! This was taken just minutes after we brought her home from the hospital! Love you little bean!
4 comments:
Wow! Awesome news! Matt's like "What? I'm calling Neil tomorrow!" Hope everything works out well and we're super excited to see you guys. I love the church pic btw
So glad that Neil has a job and that you have some options in the future. Sad that you had to move away, but totally understand and happy for you guys! Keep blogging to keep us all updated.
That is exciting. Hopefully everything will continue to fall into place for you guys.
Haha...Bryce worked for Securitas in Vancouver and it was the easiest job he ever had, but I think it mainly had to do with where he was at. Anyway, that is good that he has a job and that life is changing for the better for both of you guys.
Post a Comment