24.4.10

Upper Respiratory Infection is just some dumb fancy word for a cold

I've had it with Dr.'s lately.  I won't even go into detail on my cardiologist.

Ellie experienced her first day in Nursery last Sunday.  She loved it!  We walked in there, and her face just literally lit up at the site of all the toys!  I think she felt like a big girl, and thought church wasn't so boring after all!  We won't take her back for another month or so, cause she technically won't be 18 months until the end of May. But, we really wanted to test the waters and see how she'd do.  I realize we won't be this lucky every time, but its encouraging!  I will admit, I was trying to not tear up when I went in to pick her up after Relief Society.  I'm not going there.

Speaking of Nursery....I think she contracted something while she was there!  The poor thing has been SOO sick the last few days.  Her fever has peaked at 105.3 every day!  We took her to the ER Thursday night, waited for her to pee, and then finally around midnight left because she wasn't holding up her end of the bargain.  Some people's kids.:)  I took her back in Friday to see her pediatrician.  They tested for a bladder infection...that was a fat negative.  No ear infection, and no throat issues.  So, I guess she's just got a cold, but I'd hardly call it little.  She hasn't been coughing or anything, just a runny nose and a fever.  Some diarrhea mixed in there too.  My question for you is...should I take her back in?  How long do I wait this out?  Now you see why I hate Dr.'s, 90 % of the time I leave with more questions than I came in with.


Hope you get back to tip top playing shape soon, Ellie!  We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with running fever that long and peaking at that temp Jess something is wrong and the doctors need to do their job. with high fevers like that there are a lot of dangers.If they refuse take her to a childrens hospital like primary childrens,I really hate how doctors don't want to do anything even if the child is clearly sick just want paid in Idaho