Success!
Neil completed his first day of "testing" here in Lakewood. He seems really pleased with how it went; he passed the physical, polygraph and a few other tests that were given today. Yay! But, we've still got another 2 days left of testing before we know if he MAY move on to the next step. He told me there are about 15 openings, and 200 applicants. Odds don't sound too bad to me! I'm really proud of him, and feel confident about his success. Only about 4 more weeks left till graduation!
Ellie's had an eventful week....:) Sometimes I really do feel the the mom of the year! She's been walking for quite a while now, and after about the first 2 months, I noticed she was still quite wobbly on her feet. Well, I mentioned it to her Dr. at her 12 month check up. He wasn't concerned. Over the last few weeks I've realized with this little ball of sweetness still walks like a drunken sailor. She's pigeoned-toed! So all those falls and tumbles, and tripping over thin air...were because she was stepping on her own feet...literally! At her 15 month check up (93% height, 75% for weight) I mentioned this to the Dr. He watched her walk, and decided that it wasn't a severe case, but that she would be referred to a pediatrist if it doesn't clear up by 18 months. Apparently this is a very common issue, but I'm looking forward to getting it corrected.
In other news, I finally got a part time job! It's perfect, too. I'm a stay-at-home administrative assistant for the local radio station here. I pretty much just set up appointments and deal with some paperwork. It's such a wonderful blessing though, and it couldn't have come at a better time.
No pictures now, but I'll post some after we get back from Denver. Have a good one!
1 comment:
Go, Neil! We're crossing our fingers for you guys (and for us, too)!
Post a Comment