Blogging has not been my friend for the past while. Well, I correct myself... I've been keeping up on everyone else's blogs, just not my own. But I'm setting a goal to try and post once a week! Maybe...we'll see how long it lasts! Guess its not much of a goal with that attitude, huh?
The past 4-6 months have been a whirlwind of health issues. Really though, in comparison, its nothing. Here's how it started:
Most of last year- restless nights EVERY night (whether Ellie slept through the night or not)
October 2009- heart "flutterings" began
November 2009- EKG, ECG, Holter Monitor, CT scan, a beta-blocker AND Calcium Channel blocker later- diagnosed with SVT.
November 2009- Shooting pain in breasts accompanied by... lactation! WHAT!? I stopped pumping after Ellie was 6 weeks old! Along with a myriad of other symptoms, I was forced to go to the Dr. again.
December 2009- Blood tests show NO pregnancy; Lab tests come back negative for cancer, of what type I'm not sure. MRI scheduled to check for a pituitary tumor. Awesome experience, those MRI's. Also, negative. But I do have Chronic Sinusitis? That sure explains a lot!:)
January 2010- Couldn't get an answer for the recent activation of my mammory glands, so I weaseled my way back into the Dr's office again. FINALLY- they just recently hired a new NPC...she's been amazing! I have a STRONG history of early EARLY menopause (late 20's early 30's) and was concerned that it would be the issue with me as well. But this new NPC didn't look at me like I was crazy, after all, biological history is usually pretty accurate. What a relief! So, a long story short, they ran about 5-6 blood tests....and it came back positive for Hypothyroidism. I still don't have all my questions answered, but at least there's one more explanation for some of these symptoms I've been experiencing. As far as fertility goes, I won't find out for another few weeks.
**the Dr. originally thought that if it was HYPERthyroidism, it could be causing my heart issues. Unfortunately, she confirmed that it wasn't, and that the SVT would be a lifetime issue, along with the hypothyroidism. So, as of the last few days, I've been popping 5 pills a day! I feel like a 90 year old woman! Thankfully, and to my surprise, I've already been sleeping better w/o the use of drugs. I can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks brings!
So there ya go. Thats my big long explanation of why no one has heard any funny stories, or seen any recent pictures of Ellie for a while; who, by the way, is almost 15 months old! Crazy!
6 comments:
So sorry about your health. I am glad that you are getting some relief as well as some answers. Thank you for sharing your experience.
How scary!! You sound very brave. I'm really glad the doctors have finally figured out what's been going on inside your body.
Jess~
I also have hypothyroidism and Hashimotos. It is not fun taking pills everyday, but it does get better. I have had this for over 3 years and things do get better. Good Luck. If you have any questions drop me a line. mjkarren@yahoo.com
Hopefully the rest of 2010 will be an uplift for you! And little Ellie Bellie is almost 15 months?! What? PLEASE come down next month and stay with us! Oh and by the way, you did not keep up with my blog! haha :)
Im glad they have finally figured out what has been going on. Hopefully it will only get better from here. I can't believe that Ellie is 15 months old! She is just a doll. When things settle down, lets set a date and I'll come down there so I can see her...and you!! Let me know.
Wow, that sucks! I can't even imagine. Know what you need? A vacation. Possibly to the beach and Disneyland. I know of a place you can stay absolutely free. I'm just sayin...
Post a Comment