17.2.10

Happenings-if you can make it through this post, you're awesome.

It's been a busy few months for us!

But, I need to do a little diddy about blogging first.

I love blogging.  I heart it.  I just wish time would allow more regular updates.  The thing that I enjoy most about blogging is the fact that I can write down my life, thoughts and ideas...(although its not as personal as a journal would be) and get feedback in return.  I love hearing what people think, and knowing that they care and are READING this thing.  Whether its something funny, or words of encouragement...reading "comments" is like getting a little "happy" boost.

So, yes.  "Will Blog for Comments" applies to me.

In other news, (this is normally where I'd start in with "Ellie" info...:) Neil is almost a college grad!  He's got midterms this week, testing through a lot of March (for PD's), and then graduation April 10th.  I'm thinking about making him one of those construction paper countdown chains.  Should that be one word?  Maybe.  We are PRAYING and HOPING that he'll get a job ASAP (I was going to put As Soon As Humanly Possible).   While we've loved living in Rigby, and though our ward is awesome, I'm ready for a change.  We'd both definitely appreciate any thoughts or prayers on our behalf in that aspect.

I'm feeling SOOOO much better.  One of our good friends/neighbors is also taking Levothyroxin, the same thyroid drug I'm on.  Only she's taking .05 mg.  Really, .05mg.  I'm on a dose of 50 mg (which is still very low), but the funny thing?  She's 77 years old!  Either she's REALLY healthy, which I know she's not (Neil and I are both surprised that she's survived to be 77....I don't know ANY person with as many health issues that she's had over her lifetime.), or I'm really unhealthy.  Which isn't true either.  It's just funny to compare myself to a 77 year old woman.

Anyway, I took my health for granted before, and I'll never do that again.  I've got my energey, amibition, motivation and a lot more laughs back.  I was a pretty grumpy, moody person before this wonderful drug....not like my typical self (don't argue that :);  and sometimes when I realize that I feel like I used to, I almost get emotional about it.  I'm so grateful for a Dr. who was willing to listen.  I'm grateful for answers to my questions....but I'm most grateful for a supportive husband who stood by me even though it wasn't the most pleasant thing to do; who picked up WAY more than his share of duties around the house because I didn't have the energy; who's changed SO many diapers it should be outlawed, and who has tucked Ellie into bed, gotten up w/her at night, and gone to school every morning  without too many complaints :). Gosh, I'm just so dang happy to have my old self back....and to have energy for the WHOLE day.  My house has never been so grateful either.

On to another topic now.

Ellie.

I love this girl!  She's into everything.  While making dinner one night, I think I put the same tupperware back into the cupboard AT LEAST 10 times (no exaggerating here) during a 30 min. time frame.  She's such a little busy body.  She loves her toys, books, blankets and stuffed animals.  Ellie is now sleeping in a toddler bed, which she's been great about!  I think she just loves the independence.  She hasn't fallen out once yet!  Anyway, well, this  morning I heard her tapping on the door, so I opened it, and she came out from behind the door already wearing her necklace.  It was so cute, I couldn't help but laugh.  She was set for the day.  She loves to wear her necklaces, and anytime I have a ponytail on my wrist, she has to pull it off and prounce around with it on her wrist.  She's such a girlie girl, and I love it!  But, along with all this sweetness has come a VERY unwanted friend.  Her name is tantrum.  Tantrum is SO not welcome, but she always seems to show up.  Good grief, I've got my hands full already, and she's still got a long way to go before growing out of this stage.  Or will she ever?:)  Anyway, Ellie had quite the spill the other day, and it scared me to death.  I'm still kind of on edge about it, but I think part of the problem is Ellie's age.  She falls down a lot.  Thats life for a 15 month old.



Enjoying the wii fit



Being Silly





8 comments:

Emily said...

I love the one of her in the basket! She looks so thrilled! I am glad you are feeling better. And we pray every day you find a job (along with the same request for Bruce)! Things will work out! XOXO.

Erika said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're feeling better! You sound really happy.

You're daughter is adorable!!!!!!!!! She looks just like you too! I love it!

Hil said...

i'm also on levothyroxin... 50mcgs. I have a scary story to tell about that one day.

So glad you are feeling better! Your little girl is absolutely adorable!

Sally and Max Brown said...

I love comments, too. :) and I love getting updated on all your happenings since we don't get to see you much. Ellie is such a cutie!

The Greenacres said...

I'm sorry you were having trouble, and I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I hope you guys find a great job and move where you want. You little girl is so cute. They're so funny huh. Ella loves shoes sparkly princess shoes with a red, white, and blue star swimsuit over her clothes.

Erin said...

I love the basket picture too! Yay for Neil almost being done - you should totally make a chain. And I'm glad you're feeling better. I hate it when I only have one day like that every now and then so I can't imagine how you felt. Matt would've been so not happy so I'm glad Neil was a trooper. So does that mean that you guys will start looking for work in Colorado?

Jessica said...

Well, Neil is testing in Lakewood and Denver next month. Then we'll test in Boise as well, but those results will go to about 12 different departments, mostly in Washington state.

Our Family said...

Jessica. I am really glad you have found some answers. I bet it feels like the weight of the world is off your shoulders! And I have to say WAY TO GO NIEL! What a great guy you have there. I am really really glad you are feeling better. Good job for keeping with it and getting answers.