10.9.09

3/4 of a year already!?!?

I can't believe Ellie is 9 months old already! Where have those months gone? Well, our lives have sure changed in the last months...

  • Ellie was born 12/5/08
  • 2nd move 05/2009
  • Neil's Grandpa passed away 07/2009
  • Ellie started crawling/climbing, tearing the house apart, getting into things, eating bugs, pooping in her crib and grew 7 teeth (not quite all at once!)08/2009
  • Bruce and Emily welcomed Claire 09/09/2009
  • Neil started his 2nd to last semester, 09/2009
  • 3rd move, in progress!!
Maybe its just me, but I've felt really busy. For those of you who know, we spent a lot of time in Denver the months of July and August...so maybe thats why I felt like life just hasn't slowed down.
Well, Neil's officially begun his second to last semester of school. I'd love to tell you he's excited, but he's not. Hopefully I can keep his hopes up...he seems to think the end is NOT in sight. Hopefully the semester goes by quick, for his sake.

Ellie is doing well! She's getting to be soo funny! She's definitely shy like I was/am. So, a lot of people are surprised when she clams up around others. She's a sweetheart though, and has so much patience. She started crawling just over a month ago, and it took her several weeks...but she's finally figured out that she can crawl FAST; she loves to get away when she knows we've caught her with a ladybug in her mouth, or when its time for a diaper change. Those have become quite a challenge lately, one that I don't enjoy. Especially when there's poop involved. Gross. I took her in for her 9 month check up...she's still growing like a weed! Especially that noggin of hers...99th%...no joke! Good thing she's cute! She weighed 20 lbs and was 29 inches long. (not that any of you truly really care, I just like to document it for journaling purposes)
Though, some days I swear she weighs a good 2-3 lbs. heavier! Maybe it's all those ladybugs we find her eating...


We're moving....again. We actually knew this move was going to happen, we just didn't know when. Its a huge blessing too...since Neil hasn't been able to get a job for quite some time now. Thankfully, Ellie is such a healthy girl, and there haven't been any serious problems in the family.
Bruce and Emily welcomed their little girl 9/9/09!!! She's so beautiful...and chunky! I don't think I've ever seen a 2 day old baby with a double chin before...I love it! We're so excited for them, and can't wait to meet little Claire in Dec.!

Cami did an AWESOME photo shoot for us when they came up for Dad's 60th birthday party (60, crazy, I know!) Here's a little sneak peak of the shoot...I love them all, and can't wait to see the rest! Hop on over to her blog to check out her other shoots, prices etc....she does great work!


Have a good one!



9 comments:

Lisa said...

Ellie is soo cute. I love the pictures. What a crazy busy life you guys have had.

Ashley said...

I love, love, LOVE these pictures!!! Cami is getting to be quite the photographer! I love the picture you have for your blog title too... too cute!

Sally and Max Brown said...

Those pictures turned out so cute! Congrats on the upcoming move. It is always a pain, but kind of fun to be in a new place :)

Bryan and Karalee said...

Those pics are darling!! Ellie is so cute. I can't believe how big she is though! Grant is 20 Lbs too. only he is 14 months old!! And he still only has 2 teeth! Its funny how every baby is so different. Are you moving back to Rigby?? I think thats what I heard. Hope you are doing well. Lets set a time after your move and unpacked to get together k???

Erin said...

I am going to have such a cute daughter-in-law! =) The pictures are really good. Daniel has the same need to run in the opposite direction when we know he has something he shouldn't - though I am impressed with the ladybugs! Good luck with the move and tell Neil good luck too.

Ally said...

Gorgeous pictures!! So are you all settled into your home? WHere in Rigby are you living? And yes, we have to get together for a bbq. Also i am going to have a bday party for myself and it will be all 80's!! So we get to dress up!!! Brad isnt too excited about that so i told him he wouldnt be invited then!! It will be fun!! I will give you the official invite when i have planned some more!

Harmon Family said...

She is so cute. Isn't moving fun!! I hate it. Well its not to bad except when you have a husband who complains that we have too much crap even though we haven't used 75% of our stuff for 3 years. Annoying. Anyway, you shoudl make a trip up here(we are 20 minutes away from Couer d alene) and come visit!!! My house is super cute. Anyway, glad things are going well for you guys. Miss you!!

Cami said...

I was just thinking how fast time goes by....Zackery asked me when the first day of fall is - I guess its oso's birthday and Brayden is going around saying "its the last day of summer...keep the windows down. Tomorrow will be fall". haha I'm not ready for winter and for the year to be over. Anyway, I haven't talked to you for a long time. I haven't had a lot of internet time lately and so here I am :) Thanks for posting your pictures and a link to me!

Anonymous said...

Ellie is so cute in those pics sure looks like her momma