29.8.09

I still don't have pictures...

Neil just got a new computer, so I've yet to transfer anything over; and we're still trying to figure out this new one. So no pictures yet!

I just wanted to make a post about how grateful I am for a healthy baby. I couldn't imagine what some people go through with sick babies.

Remember the last post about our ogre child? Well, as I hoped, she's got the other two teeth coming in up top! We had no idea she was teething, except for the fact that she woke up twice last night crying. Life is hard.:) I'm so glad she's such a laid back, easy going baby. Does anyone know if 6 teeth before 9 months is normal? I guess, as long as they're coming in at all, I probably shouldn't complain. I'm also VERY grateful that I'm not breastfeeding...ouch!

Anyway, back to the healthy babies topic. I couldn't imagine having a child with a terminal illness, or a chronic disease (props to you Melissa). My brother and sister-in-law have been dealing with such challenges since day one with their first child. She's amazing for even having the guts to get up every morning and facing the fact that her child has a serious heart condition. Just know you guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm especially grateful that I've never lost a child. We know a few people personally who have struggled through probably one of the hardest challenges ever.

But most importantly, I'm grateful for my little Ellie. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father trusted Neil and I enough to let her be with us. We've got a lot to live up to in order to raise her the way she deserves to be raised. I'm grateful that she teaches us more each day then we ever thought was possible. Could I handle another child right now? No. But I would have a million more if they were just as sweet as our Ellie Bellie.

4 comments:

The Karrens said...

Benson has 6 teeth and he is only 8 months. And he has only bitten me once.

Melissa Brown said...

That's great that she is getting teeth early. She will be able to eat big people food faster since she will have teeth to chew it. Honestly, I just want teething to be over fast. That way it's just done and you have a happy baby. Allison just got her first molar... boy, that was tough.
You guys are great parents!
Sorry this month has been tough.

Sally and Max Brown said...

Drew was fast with the teeth as well. He now has 4 molars (so 12 in all)! Those were terrible.

Good to see you guys last weekend. Ellie is adorable as always and you are such a cute mom. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Cami said...

Who knows whats normal? Zack got his first tooth around 9 months and Brayden had gobs of teeth at nine months. And I'm grateful for little Ellie too