12.1.09

What we've been up to the last few weeks...

Whew!

It's been crazy!

It's been a few weeks since we've posted anything. We really enjoyed Christmas, and loved having family in town. We spent Christmas day at my parents, and ended up getting snowed in...so we spent the night too! It was a lot of fun, with a lot of food, and great games. We flew out to Denver on December 30th...which we were trying so hard to keep it a surprise from Bruce and Emily...thanks Mauma for letting us off the hook on that one! We enjoyed a late Christmas on New Years Eve...double whammy. But the rest of our little vacation? Not so much fun. Neil got REALLY sick with the flu 2 days after we got there. So, after an hour in the ER waiting room, three IV's and 5 hours later...he was finally starting to feel a little better. Can't wait for that bill. Anyway, our vacation ended up not really being a vacation, because we (I got a little bit of the flu, luckily, it didn't make it to my stomach!) spent the next few days trying to recover. Thankfully, Ellie didn't get sick.

Speaking of Ellie...she's doing wonderful! She's such a good baby, we're so grateful! She's almost 6 weeks old now...yay, the 6 week mark is finally here! It's crazy how fast the time has gone by! It really does seem like we just brought her home from the hospital, yet at the same time, we can't imagine our life without her. It's so fun to watch her grow and develop! She's starting to talk and smile a lot more, and she' doing really well at holding her head up, and turning from side to side. She's such a strong girl!


Neil has finally started working again. He just went back to the DDA...because of procrastination, and the fact that we live near a college town, there aren't many jobs available right now. But..he's excited to be working again. It was so nice to have him home to help though! I've loved it! It's too bad the last 5 weeks of "paternity leave" weren't paid...:)

I'm recovering really well from the c-section. I'd say at about 9 days post surgery, I really started noticing a difference in pain. I think by week 2 I was completely off ANY pain medications. lovely! The scar is healing really well, in case you wanted to know; I'm going in for my 6 week check on Friday, but I'm pretty sure everything internally is healed up also. Let me just say this...I CAN'T WAIT to really exercise again! Who knew a person could get so fluffy?

I've been wanting to do birth announcements, but I kind of wanted to create my own. Anyway, I finally buckled down and started on something...and this is what I came up with. Mind you, I just threw it together...literally overnight. Haha...once I completed the little project, I realized that I forgot to put all the stats...but most of you already know. Anyway, we really appreciate all of the love and support from everyone. We really couldn't have done all of this without you. Thanks a bunch!!

No comments: