5.12.08

nothing yet...

Well...we're just striking out a lot here. They started the foley just before 9:00...after several attempts to secure the catheter....ouch!!!!!
Anyway...if that started labor...then great! If not, then they'd start pitocin @ 7:30 AM.
Well...it didn't do much...I had barely dilated to 2. two hours later the dr. came to check...and I haven't thinned at all! He said that he had never had anyone who had been on a foley for more than 8 hours not be AT LEAST dilated to 3-4. He thinks the baby is wrapped up in the umbillical cord, which is prevent her from descending enough to put the necessary pressure on my cervix. He also mentioned that my pelvic area is very small...and that with the size of the baby...and the umbilical cord issue...we're probably looking at a c-section.

We're still waiting to meet up with him again. But we'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Comstock Family said...

Wow,that is crazy! Hope you are hanging in there, it can get ruff but definately worth it in the end!

Kaity Hall said...

Wowies!! Dale told me you were having a baby and that you had a blog and now I'm reading your blog and I'm super excited and happy for you!! Congrats!!!!

The Harmons said...

I'm sorry, you're probably miserable. Just remember that it'll be worth it. Keep us posted. We can't wait to meet her and we are praying for both of your safety.

The Karrens said...

We wish you good luck. Our prayers are with you and the baby.

Harmon Family said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry that u are having so many obstacles with getting this baby out. I hope that it honestly won't be too much longer. She will come somehow. Just remember that. We will be in Idaho around the 22nd till the 28th our 29th. I am so excited to see you. We need to plan now, so that our get together will really happen.