Well, I just wanted to post and let you know how things are going on our end.
We're surviving.
Well, really, things aren't that bad. Ellie is a really good baby! If only her parents could figure out what she needs...before she get past the point of comfort! Haha...actually, we're really starting to pick it up...I know, we've still got a long road ahead of us though. The nights are the hardest, but they're getting easier. I think she slept for 4 hours at one time this morning. So, we're slowly making progress. She's eating well, and growing TOO fast already! I took her in for her well-baby check 4 days after she was born, and she had lost 5 oz. Anyway, Monday morning I took her in for a PKU test...and she weighed OVER 9 lbs! Whoa! Little piggie! She'd gained 12 oz. in less than a week! We must be doing something right. I hope. She's really changing so much, and we look forward to really getting to know her and discovering her personality.
I went into the clinic for my 2 week post-surgery check up this morning. Things went great! The Dr. was really surprised at how well I was healing...and even said that the incision looked a lot more healed, like my surgery had been a few weeks prior, not something that just happend less than two weeks ago. Good news! Of course, they don't know how my uterus is healing, but they'll check that in a few weeks. Overall I'm feeling pretty darn good! The first week was REALLY challenging, but after that mark, each day it's become easier and easier to get around. I'm almost completely off pain medications, and hopefully will be tonight. So...no huge complaints from my end!
Neil is doing well too. He finished his semester and lived through finals week with a newborn. He's actually really glad that Ellie came when she did...because that first week was SOO hard...and the timing for it all just worked out better that she came later. He's got this week off, and hopefully will start working next week. But I'm so glad he's been here to help! I told him it was his week of paternity leave...too bad he doesn't get paid for it though!
We're really excited for the holidays...and can't believe Christmas is so close! We're looking forward to having a lot of my family up here for the holidays, and can't wait to see everyone! We love this time of year. What a great way to remember the Savior...without fail this time of year always invokes the feeling of service and happiness. We've never been more appreciative of that than now. The people in our ward, friends, neighbors and family have all been so generous to us during this last little while. We've loved the meals that have been brought over, the offers of support and help...every little bit. And one day, when we finally get out of the house, we hope to pay it forward and find those in our ward and families that we can serve in return. Its really too bad that this season doesn't last all year long!
3 comments:
Hang in there. It's tough right now. I'm not sure I can say it gets easier but you do get used to it. "Normal" is completely different & absoultely wonerful. We love you guys!
I am glad to hear that you guys are adjusting! It is hard at first, but it is all worth it. aren't these little babies sooo fun?! I hope she keeps growing and that you keep healing.
I'm glad that everything is going well for you. I am so excite dto see you guys. I was thinking of getting together friday after christmas. We are probably leaving that day to drive back. Let me know what day would e good for to together. See ya soon!!
Post a Comment